Chinmaya Mission San Antonio – outreach program
About This Project
Chinmaya Mission San Antonio Donations will be directed to cultural education, arts and crafts study, building maintenance for the classrooms used for the cultural arts and crafts, physical exercise, Yoga, Meditation, and Music Instruction Classes.
– Informational seminars open to any member of the public about philosophy and guidance to improve the quality of their life
– Classes for children of ages 5 years – 18 years at the Chinmaya Mission center for students to develop community, belonging, plant seeds at early on in life of Vedanta and discuss today’s issues in a safe space
– To provide an organized means for the maintenance and promotion of the best of Indian cultural values in the greater San Antonio and Texas hill country area
– To provide a supportive peer group to those of Indian origin that will help families teach their children about their heritage, and serve as a source for information, inspiration, role models, and friendship
– Classes at UT Austin, UT San Antonio and Baylor University for college students to develop community, belonging and discuss issues in a safe space
– We register students in our classes, arts and crafts, music classes, Yoga classes from ALL walks of life, with absolutely no distinction
– 11 Acers of trails open on our property for Meditation, fitness and well being for all
– Home visit programs to families to strengthen family bonds
CORDUSA (Chinmaya Organization for Rehabilitation & Development by Undertaking Sustainable Activities) is a secular, non-profit that aims to help communities create a sustainable program to aid in their holistic welfare. CORD USA serves humanity regardless of race, religion, color, gender or nationality. We strive to facilitate integrated, sustainable social help programs in local communities and in the Indian subcontinent through processes of self-empowerment and enrichment. It is a bond of Love and Understanding, encouraging a process of sharing which enriches both the giver and the receiver. Please read the testimonials to hear from real people, real stories, on how CORD (Chinmaya Organization for Rural Development) in India and Sri Lanka has been transforming one life at a time for the last 3 decades.
9086 Vista Verde
San Antonio, Texas