As a burgeoning organisation, Chinmaya Mission has a vast amount of assets in the form of buildings and property, intellectual property, namely the works and teaching of Param Pujya Gurudev Swami Chinmayananda, Pujya Guruji Swami Tejomayananda and other Acharyas of the Chinmaya Mission, its numerous logos and emblems and names. The Legal department is working towards consolidating and safeguarding these assets of Central Chinmaya Mission Trust.
1. To prevent possible misuse or misrepresentation, CCMT has undertaken to protect these intellectual properties under law:
- To date 51 logos and service marks have been protected
- Forty-five books have been copyrighted and a few scripts and DVDs have also been copyrighted.
- The total cost for protecting intellectual property is over ₹ 10 lakhs (inclusive of professional fees).
2. In addition, work is also being done:
- To consolidate and maintain all original property documents within CCMT;
- Comprehend and analyse trust deeds;
- To draft contracts and agreements for departments of CCMT engaging with external organisations and preparing other legal documents in order to protect the interests of Chinmaya Mission.